Leads and participates in the activities associated with identifying and analyzing network requirements to develop detailed design specifications for data traffic and network enhancements; coordinates assigned projects for completion from beginning to end and effectively communicates results to end-user; coaches and mentors junior team members in network engineering projects, providing direction and support.
• Takes a lead role in providing network design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines network requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.) to include consulting with end-users to determine the scope and objectives of proposed networking configurations
• Oversees the timely and accurate analysis of end-user requirements; evaluates if network configuration is possible with existing resources and manages end-user expectations; develops and implements network backup and recovery plans
• Develops detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment
• Monitors network implementation, providing support in a timely and accurate manner; adheres to approved corporate and departmental policies relating to business procedures and philosophy
• Designs network performance reports detailing network status for management in an accurate and timely manner
• Analyzes data traffic patterns within network infrastructure to detect operational problems and recommends improvements to ensure optimal performance
• Identifies symptoms and instabilities in a timely and accurate manner, including performing analysis, capacity planning, and testing for organization’s network environment
• Makes recommendations to management on enhancements to network for quality and reliability improvement of the network’s performance
• Provides cost-effective recommendations to management; researches and identifies new technologies with the benefits of implementing those technologies
• Provides network security by configuring routers, switches, firewalls, etc., according to security
• Peer reviews Security team designs and configurations to support separation of duty internal
• Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
• Meets with end-user to determine the project scope, providing direction and technical support during the project
• Oversees the activities involved in quality resolution of complex technical issues; coordinates with appropriate departments to determine positive solutions; notifies management about any situation that could adversely impact the service provided to the end-user
• Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame
• Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, information Systems, or a related field, Six to eight years of network infrastructure experience, Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) designation (preferred)
Job Knowledge & Skills
Candidate should possess advanced knowledge and skills in three or more of the following:
Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Listening, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust
Approachability, Business Acumen, Intellectual Horsepower, Planning, Perspective, and Priority Setting.